You probably don’t give too much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator unless it breaks down, or it comes time to buy a new one. To guarantee you get the most use possible out of this important appliance it can be very useful to know how it keeps food and drinks cool—and Hi-Tech Midlothian Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to learn all you need to understand about how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and if it’s the right time to hire refrigerator repair Midlothian.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not too many homes that don’t feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a standard kitchen appliance for many years. A household refrigerator stores food and drinks at the optimal temperature, in order to eliminate spoilage and slow down the growth of bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by distributing the heat from the inside of the unit to the outside, relying on principles of condensation and evaporation.
The primary parts of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Hi-Tech Midlothian Appliance Repair:
A compressor is both a motor and pump, and it is need for the circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the system.
A compressor is an integral piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call a professional service if the compressor is broken.
The condenser is found on the back outside wall of the refrigerator and is there to release the heat built-up within the refrigerator then out in the air.
A evaporator is housed on the interior of the refrigerator where it absorbs the warmth held within it, thereby reducing the interior temperature.
Once an evaporator stops working, it is time to hire a professional. You should not wait until it is too late.
Liquified coolant is transferred within a capillary tube that works as an expansion tool as it cools the gas, turning it back into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat regulates the current temperature inside the refrigerator, starting a new cooling period when necessary.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to problems. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in Midlothian for service right after a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature within a refrigerator is higher than the set point sensors notify the compressor to engage, and then the next cooling period begins. The appliance attracts the cold liquified refrigerant, condenses and pressurizes the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The compressor unit guides the heated gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils on the outside of the appliance, where it comes in contact with warmer air temperature in the kitchen and returns to a liquified form.
3. The cooled refrigerant continues on its trip to the evaporator component, making its way through the coils within the appliance and top freezer section.
4. The refrigerant then absorbs the warm air from inside the refrigerator, thereby lowering the temperature until it has reached the optimal final point.
5. The refrigerant evaporates, and will turn back to a gas state, and returns to the refrigerator compressor so it can then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often used in many applications and appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting heat from one area and then relocating it to elsewhere the cycle of refrigeration helps cooling a house, provides a safe space for perishable food, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of many different everyday products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require service? You can schedule an appointment with Hi-Tech Midlothian Appliance Repair.
Hi-Tech Midlothian Appliance Repair will fix all popular brands of refrigerators – includes restaurant models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our licensed technicians in Midlothian complete training to troubleshoot and repair cooling issues, broken ice makers, problems with condensation, water puddles and leaks, light bulbs, digital panels, smart controls and countless other problems. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2019  Hi-Tech Midlothian Appliance Repair